Simon is the Group Director for BRE Housing and Energy– a multi-disciplinary team of some 90 project managers, building professionals, social researchers, statisticians, mathematicians and scientists. The Centre conducts provides widely recognised research, guidance, training and consultancy on all aspects of housing and domestic energy efficiency. His specialism include; National Housing Surveys, Housing and Health, Housing data and statistics and Housing energy efficiency.
Better Housing briefing papers
- Better Housing 24: The housing conditions of minority ethnic households in England paper by Helen Garrett, Justine Piddington & Simon Nicol.
- Nicol S, Davidson M, Roys M, Summers C. Quantifying the Cost of Poor Housing. BRE Press 2010.
- Davidson M, Nicol S, Roys M, Beaumont A. The Cost of Poor Housing in Wales. BRE Press 2011.
- Ormandy D, Nicol S et al. Linking Housing Conditions to Health. University of Warwick 2010.
- Nicol S. Pushing Digital Pen Based Data Entry to its Limits. Paper given to European Network for Survey Research. Warsaw 2009.
- Nicol S. The Relationship Between Housing Conditions and Health. Paper given to European Network for Survey Research. Prague 2007.
- Co-author of Collecting, Managing and Using Housing Stock Information, DETR. London 2001.